Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading Down in 1st/2nd Round
Here's another draft I did quick with a trade down.

I swapped picks 18 and 49 for 27 and 35 of the Cardinals and an additional pick (3rd or 4th, don't remember which).

I also traded down a little later in the draft so I could get both Brenden Rice and Luke McCaffrey.

I could have drafted DT McKinley Jackson over Blake Fischer, but went with the higher rated player.
It wouldn't be a bad thing to have two good OT prospects along with Carmon as backups.

Grabbing someone like Barton at the start of the 2nd is great value I think. He can play anywhere along the oline, but is listed as a center.
Both the top rated Centers were there at the top of the 2nd.

I'd like to have added a DT in there at some point but the value was better at OT with the 3rd round comp, so I took the higher rated player in OT Fischer.

I probably drafted too many WRs, but I like all (3) players. Burton is more pro-ready. But I like McCaffrey a lot, and Rice as well.
Maybe swap out Rice for the DT from Clemson or a tight end that can block.

I think the Bengals need to draft a corner at some point that can be a 4th string corner capable of being the #2 corner.
We definitely need corners that can tackle.

Main areas I'd like to see improvement are Oline, corner, wide receiver, and Dline.
I'd have hit all those needs if I reached on McKinley instead of drafting Fischer, and maybe that's the better move--but overall you have to take the best player available regardless.

27 J.C. Latham
OT | Alabama
A+

35 Graham Barton
IOL | Duke
A

79 Jermaine Burton
WR | Alabama
A

80 Kris Abrams-Draine
CB | Missouri
A