0 0%
OTHER
3.23%
3 3.23%
Total 93 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 1st Round Draft Pick (Board Selection)
(04-14-2024, 06:53 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Of these options, I would pick Byron Murphy. He has been the clear cut DT1 for a while in my opinion. He would bring that interior pass rushing ability we desperately need and he's incredibly stout against the run. After that, like Nati Bengal, I would take JPJ but since he's not an option, I would look at the other oline prospects.

If I had to guess though, I would say our pick will be either Latham, Mims or Thomas Jr.

Sucks with the JPJ degenerative medical issue rumor, I had him as a thought at 18 before this. Still Graham Barton sounds like he will be 
just as good as a Center/Guard in the NFL and we can grab him if we want to really take out interior OL to the next level. 

(04-14-2024, 07:35 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: In order:

Mims, Latham, Murphy.

Taking a WR at #18 is way too high with Highins staying.

We need IOL but I do not love the value at #18 with OT, DT, WR, and CB all better value.

Mitchell or Arnold might have me go CB, but not Wiggins. Too slight.

Latu is a 3-4 guy. Does not fit our scheme.

We need run stoppers more than 3Ts. We have 2 guys who can play 3T (Hill, Rankins). I don't view Murphy nor Newton as Reader replacements. If all the OTs were gone, maybe then. But I'd be looking hard at trade down.

Mims has not played that much, but what he has us excellent. He isn't raw or mistake prone. Plus he'd get a year with Brown here.

Latham is more plug & play and might be the best run blocker in the draft. Penalties concern me a little, but I'd be thrilled with him.

Latham isn't the best run blocker in this Draft, far from it. He is actually a really good pass protector when he doesn't let speed get
to his inside. Latham has heavy feet while run blocking and doesn't get up field fast because of it. He can maul a guy though if he 
gets his hands on him. Mims has the foot speed to readjust if he initially gets beat, Latham does not.

But agree on everything else you say Ike. Cool
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 1st Round Draft Pick (Board Selection) - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-15-2024, 02:14 PM