Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is Biden's "Don't" foreign policy deterring terrorist groups and Iran?
(04-15-2024, 06:01 PM)Dill Wrote: Let me just focus on this for a moment.

1. What "history" can you be referring to? What evidence do you have that US intel services and the IAEA do not?  Iran has been "hell bent" on using nuclear energy for its economy, not on making a bomb--though that likely changed once Trump trashed the Iran deal.  OtherMike, you are sounding a bit like Bush and Cheney "knowning" that Saddam had WMDs. Or it looks that way until I see your sources.

2. I didn't say Iran has nukes already. I asked how they could have developed such under invasive monitoring, which Trump removed.

3. I gave you sources, including a government link, show how the JCPOA EXTENDED break out time and how Trump's pull out SHORTENED break out time. 
To repeat the point--

1) 2016 Obama's Iran deal extended break out time from roughly 2 months to over a year, 10 years for plutonium.

2) 2018 Trump broke the deal while BOT was still over a year. Iran tried to stay in it with the remaining signatories for 2 more years, then said "hell with this."

3) 2024 Because Trump broke the deal, breakout time is now ZERO, not a year, as the US stands as close as its ever been to war with Iran.

Plus: Iran had 25 advanced centrefuges in operation when Obama left office, and 41 in 2018, just before Trump trashed the JCPOA. By the time Trump left office, the number was over 500. Now it is over 9,000
https://isis-online.org/uploads/isis-reports/documents/Analysis_of_November_2023_IAEA_Iran_Verification_Report_Final.pdf  The amount of enriched uranium has jumped from a few kilos to over 6 tons.

4. The #1 worry for the US (and Israel) has been Iran with Nuclear weapons, making them untouchable, like NK, but unlike NK, astride one of the world's oil lifelines. All the rest--support of Houthis and Hezbollah and Hamas is peanuts in comparison to how that would re-arrange ME geopolitics, generating a race to the bomb in SA and Turkey. And sanctions were having little effect. Hence the decision to engage the deal, and include all the biggest players in the world, From China and Russia to the EU, in what was one of the biggest diplomatic achievements in world history. Plus it weakened Islamist control of the Iran from within, boosting a secular-minded and numerous middle class.

Then Trump blew up the JCPOA, exploding liberal heads to MAGA cheers. Thus leaving Iran with all the billions it got with the deal, without the deal's restrictions.
And embarrassing the US, destroying its credibility as world leader. Take that GLOBALISTS!!  The world didn't change right after that so libs were stupid alarmists.

5. Another little-discussed element of responsible Iran containment, in place from 2000-2016 and 2021-24, has been controlling Iran's threat environment, reducing the threat and with it, the incentive to go nuclear. That's been damaged by our authoritarian domestic politics, the worry that we cannot look "weak" and so must push sanctions to be tough on Iran, with an eye to getting votes rather actually securing the national interest.

What world do you live in?  If you don't understand why they would not want to have been pursing Nukes for over the last 20 years.

Same reason India, Pakastan and NK wanted Nukes. POWER. Like those countries listed they are a small secular country and Nukes puts them in a position of power. So rather than fear being bombed they can now retaliate with Nukes if someone were to Nuke them. It causes a Mexican stand off.

Alot of that is what you know, not what you didn't know. we have no idea what the true numbers were only what we suspected. 

Their centrifuges were not connected to any outside network, they are stand alone operations, we sabotaged a few, but that required insiders to get the job done. How many did we not discover? No idea, but i'm sure they weren't 100% forth coming just cause they agreed to Obama's deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Biden's "Don't" foreign policy deterring terrorist groups and Iran? - Mike M (the other one) - 04-15-2024, 10:08 PM