0 0%
OTHER
3.23%
3 3.23%
Total 93 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 1st Round Draft Pick (Board Selection)
(04-16-2024, 08:11 AM)Synric Wrote: I would say Graham Barton is the 3rd overall most NFL Ready OL in this class behind Alt & Latham. Barton knows who his is, is technically sound, and is just fun to watch. Half an inch longer arms and people would be talking about him as a tackle in the high teens like Fautanu. 

Yes, special player, Graham Barton. Sure would be more than fine if he is the pick, sure would solve the future Center problem and could play
LG instantly if we don't want to move Karras or throw Barton in at Center as a rookie.

(04-16-2024, 11:09 AM)depthchart Wrote: I was able to watch bits and pieces of that Show.

I think they had DT Jer'zhan Newton as the Bengals 2nd round pick.

Do you remember who they had as the Bengals 3rd round pick ?

That would be awesome if we got Mims/Latham/Barton in the first and Johnny Newton in the 2nd. BTW, did Newton have his workout yet?

The injury news has drove his stock down recently...

(04-16-2024, 11:23 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I picked Murphy. I'd be happy with Murphy or Newton.

I like Barton a lot though. I like that he can play any position along the line. He'll be a great player.
He's probably what we need for oline depth because of his versatility and pro readiness.

I'd be okay with Lathom or Mims too, but feel like they likely need development. It'd be more ideal to get them in a trade down.

I'm not a huge fan of drafting a wideout early. Lots of options later in the draft with greater value. Seems like half of 1st round receivers end up busting out.

Understandable with Wideout even if I really like Thomas Jr. Trenches are where I hope we go early unless Bowers somehow falls and
Mims/Latham are not there at 18. If it is a pick between Guyton or Bowers, I take Bowers as Guyton reminds me of Ogbuehi. Great size 
and athleticism but looks weak and doesn't put great play out on film against elite prospects.

Mims looked good against the guy I judge these OL against. The End JT of OSU who has elite strength and hands. The others that played
against him struggled a bit more than Mims in the film I watched.

(04-16-2024, 01:12 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Given the selections made for 1 through 17 in the other thread, my top three preferences would be 1-Latham, 2-Mims, 3-Murphy.  Everyone seems to think this class is very deep at OT, but the Bengals need to address solving this issue for the next 4 to 5 years and should take the most NFL ready OT they can get in the 1st round. Trent Brown is a one year stop gap and may not last the whole season. Although Mims may have a higher ceiling, Latham appears to be the most ready OT and should be the pick.

The one thing about Trent Brown is that he is probably our most sound OL on the team right now even if he has struggled with injuries,
the guy is an elite pass blocking swing Tackle. I think TB could really help out a player like Amarius Mims. Understandably we are down on
Pollack as an OL coach, Trent Brown helps with a talent like Mims. Agree on Latham, he is probably the more pro ready of the two and both
should be there at 18. I can understand going with Latham with his experience over Mims and his upside with Pollack at OL coach.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 1st Round Draft Pick (Board Selection) - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-16-2024, 01:41 PM