Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is Biden's "Don't" foreign policy deterring terrorist groups and Iran?
(04-16-2024, 01:00 AM)Dill Wrote: I live in a world which prioritizes evidence over speculation. I'm going by US intel and IAEA reports. You are going by a gut assumption which is controverted by existing evidence, offering an "Everybody knows" argument, of the type which convinced Americans Saddam had WMDs. That's not a good basis for evaluating policy. 

I prioritize both, if you think Iran or the US Gov is open and being completely forth coming, you will be mistaken. We aren't going to Jeopardize our agents just so we can sit around and have a cuppa of Tea about it. 

Different argument, but I'll bite. Can't fault the public for that, we were mis-informed. Now we could argue whether our Agents were mis-informed or if we were intentionally mis-informed til we are blue in the face. This also happened shortly after 9-11 and we wanted blood for blood. 

(04-16-2024, 01:00 AM)Dill Wrote: That's why you are not providing me with authoritative sources. I have read assessments of Iran such as you are providing, but in sources like the Washington Times and the Jewish Virtual Library, which deviate considerably from what the evidence allows. 

And? are you saying you don't trust the media? I don't trust either side. Have to read between the lines and form your own opinions whether it's right or wrong. 

(04-16-2024, 01:00 AM)Dill Wrote: Hmm. India is not "small"' it is the world's largest democracy. And Pakistan is not a secular democracy; it is an Islamic state. NK decided that getting the bomb was more important than sanctions. If Iran wanted the bomb as badly as these countries, it would not have agreed to the Iran Deal. It would have it now. You don't seem to be aware of how having a bomb, or pursuing one, could also work against Iran's interests, from its perspective. 

India and Pakistan didn't need Nukes, but they developed them anyways, Why? 

Now you keep insisting that Iran wants Nuclear power for Energy reasons, ok so if that's true, why are you so worried about them having a bomb? 

I don't like any extremist groups having Nukes myself, and i consider Iran's Islamic leaders as extremists. 

(04-16-2024, 01:00 AM)Dill Wrote: Trump's actions may have created that extra incentive needed to set Iran actually working on a bomb. (That includes attempting to create peace between Israel and Arab countries.)

Then why were they funding Hamas knowing that Israel actually does have Nukes. Makes no sense. unless of course they intend to have Nukes themselves.. But  you said they don't want that, so ..... what if what if what if?

(04-16-2024, 01:00 AM)Dill Wrote: And I'm sorry, OtherMike, but I have to say you are not very informed about how we knew about their centrifuge numbers and uranium stockpiles.
What do you suppose I was referring to when I mentioned "invasive inspections" above? 

Nope haven't really been keeping up with it. as i said the are gonna do what they do no matter what anyone else says.
if they wanted peace, they should have gotten to the table first to represent the P's and discussed it with Israel. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Biden's "Don't" foreign policy deterring terrorist groups and Iran? - Mike M (the other one) - 04-16-2024, 02:58 PM