Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show)
(04-16-2024, 09:14 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm with you in terms of running the pitchers out there. I'm not going to play it conservative. I do, however, wish I didn't invest in closers. When they do well the + points doesn't feel consequential enough but when they get rocked and a blow a save it stings.

Next year, I won't be prioritizing them in the draft unless saves get a major point boost.

I use to feel that way about relievers.  I didn't want them, I didn't draft them. I wanted those guys listed as starters and relievers to have even more starters. Then in the old league this guy won and he had amazing reliever stats. He racked up so many reliever points and won the championship. 

It's hard to find Saves relievers, but Holds relievers can be found and they put up good points.  An All-Star Set Up Man can be as a good as an average Closer.  In looking for who is HOT in bullpens, click on Saves of course to see leaders in free agency, but click on Holds and there might be a guy under the radar getting a ton of holds as a top Set Up Man.  It's tempting to click on K's on relievers, but you have to look at ERA also.  In hunting for pitching, quality starts are huge, but on relievers I like the old Mario Soto as a reliever stats.  Soto before being a starter had all these innings and few hits.  Relievers that have innings but almost no runs, and good on hitless innings, that is the old Mario Soto unable to hit or score on stats. You see one of those, grab him, the guy is a superstar flying under the radar on some teams bullpen.  A guy has good reliever innings, almost no runs and few hits, that is a reliever to maybe grab out of free agency.

My first year when I took over a team around All-Star Game that was in last place. I couldn't get top starters or top closers that late in season. I did find some top Holds relievers. Hey, a guy that put's up 30 or 40 Holds is good to have.

K's are great, as long as the guy doesn't give up the homers a ton also. K's are great if he is also not giving up a ton of runs. There is a lot to look at in pitching. Also these guys get hot and cold. As season goes, you have to click on LAST 30 DAYS stats on pitchers and hitters, for who had a HOT month. Like that Al Pacino salesman movie. Hottest free agent hitter and pitcher points leaders for the month deserve added to one of our teams. Last day of April, check those 30 day stat points leaders, and at end of each month after that. Check to see who hottest reliever over the month in free agency was also. The top hitter, the top starter, the top reliever for the month in free agency need looked up. CATCHER isn't a big points guy often, but if I am struggling at catcher some years, I click on catcher and see if anybody better than my struggling catcher. I'm OK on catcher so far this year, but teams that aren't need to click on Catcher points leaders, because they may not be up with top hitters, but if they are tops in catching hitter points, a team could get a bargain.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show) - kevin - 04-16-2024, 06:54 PM