THOMAS
10.81%
4 10.81%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 RD1 PK 18 FINAL (Board Pick)
(04-17-2024, 08:59 AM)Synric Wrote: The closer to Draft Day we get the more skeptical I am an Offensive Tackle will be available at #18. Everyone in the NFL knows the Bengals really want a RT at 18 so they are a prime candidate to get jumped.

I think there is a much greater chance one of the OTs are available than Murphy. 

There are 6 OTs who could go before our pick: Alt (LT), Fashanu (LT), Fuaga (RT), Latham (RT), Fautanu (LT/G), amd Mims (RT). Three LTs and three RTs.

3 QBs and 3 WRs are a given. I think a 4th QB (McCarthy) is nearly one. That is 7. For an OT to fall, only 5 can go, that is 12. We need 5 "other" spots to go before #18.

Turner (DE), Arnold (CB), Mitchell (CB), Murphy (DT), and Bowers (TE) are the 5 I'd bet on. Though each is EXTREMELY tempting to take if there at #18.

Furthermore, I don't think it likely anyone jumps up to take an OT. The 2nd tier of guys: Guyton, Barton, Morris, Suamatia, Paul; is pretty strong, too. 

In real life, I think Latham/Mims are more likely to be there than Murphy. 

Given the board presented, I might take Murphy, but the fact we already have Hill/Rankins at DT, and the fact I think all the 2nd tier OTs are long gone buly #49, and the fact that I think we can circle back to DT on Day 2 (Fiske, Hall, Ohorhoro, Smith, etc), I go ahead and take my OT at #18. 

Mims. 

Those first 5 picks, I have to get: RT, WR3, CB4, & NT. The 5th could go 3T, IOL, or TE. RT is the confluence of biggest need, positional value, and most likely to be available.

Of course, if we plan to take another dip into the FA pool, that could alter things (Gilmore, Nelson, or a vet CB takes CB4 off the board, a discount IOL also looks tempting).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 RD1 PK 18 FINAL (Board Pick) - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 04-17-2024, 11:45 AM