Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dane Brugler 7 Round Mock Draft
(04-17-2024, 12:00 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: That's a B-/C draft for me. More of a C.

There is no playable RT or boundary corner. We waited until #149 to take WR3. Two TEs? 

Three of the top 4 picks are IOL, TE, and nickel corner. 

The deepest positions this draft are OT, WR, & CB. All positions of need. All preimium positions. And aside from a nickel corner (the one spot we don't need with Hilton, Hill, and Davis on the roster), it does not address any of them early.

For me, winning this draft is all about stacking the deepest spots (OT, WR, CB) with our positions of need (RT, WR3, CB4, NT). 

Due to the depth, maybe you can land CB4/WR3 at #112. Landing Sweat at #112 is a great pick. But waiting until #112 to hit our primary needs and #149 to hit any of the deepest spots in the draft is poor. 

I don't hate Murphy ar #18, but if you do that, you likely cannot take OT until Rd3 (Fischer, etc). Whiffing on the upper tier of OTs by choice for an undersized DT is something I would not do.

I agree with your assessments with the exception of the diminishment (heh) of undersized DTs. Geno Atkins and Aaron Donald both got the undersized DT label, and ended up being the best DTs of their generation. Leverage is a big deal in the trenches and shorter guys have tons of it. Javon Hargrave, Calijah Kancey, Grady Jarrett and Ed Oliver are other examples of shorter/smaller DTs who can make a massive impact in the NFL.

If the Bengals were confident that Murphy could have a Geno Atkins-esque impact on the pass rush this year (remember the "Fisher Price package?"), I think that's worth the #18 pick easy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Dane Brugler 7 Round Mock Draft - CJD - 04-17-2024, 10:53 AM
RE: Dane Brugler 7 Round Mock Draft - CJD - 04-17-2024, 11:12 AM
Dane Brugler 7 Round Mock Draft - BenZoo2 - 04-17-2024, 11:22 AM
RE: Dane Brugler 7 Round Mock Draft - CJD - 04-17-2024, 11:58 AM
RE: Dane Brugler 7 Round Mock Draft - CJD - 04-17-2024, 12:07 PM