Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tee Higgins…. Steelers have Interest
(04-16-2024, 07:54 PM)Housh Wrote: On this what i would say is it’s not Tee’s fault we have Chase

Tee is absolutely a number 1. If it walks like a number 1 and quacks like a number 1 it’s a number 1.

When Chase is hurt he 100% turns into that guy.

But if i were Cincy I’d be saying he doesn’t have enough games

Not 100%, he had games when Chase went down where he didn't do much. He had a couple great games against the stealers 
that make his numbers look better than they actually were as HarleyDog says here.

(04-16-2024, 08:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Maybe on the roster, but not the numbers. When he takes over, he's a #2 in a #1 slot and his numbers show it. Sure, he thrived a few games against a weak Pittsburgh team, but he also failed miserably against some other teams who were arguably just as bad at defense.

ThumbsUp

(04-17-2024, 01:42 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: No one has said he is an elite number 1.  But he IS a top 20 WR, by most any measurable or metric you can pull since we joined the league.  

Since 2021, Justin Jefferson has twenty two 100+ yard games. Most in the nfl.  Cooper Kupp has 20, davante adams 19, Tyreek hill 17, ceedee lamb 16… so on and so forth.

Tee Higgins has 10 such games over that time span, good for 13th (tied with waddle) most in the nfl.  

Furthermore, when he gets to the 100 yard mark, he is averaging over 17 yards per catch.

Tee Higgins is NOT cooper Kupp, I repeated NOT Kupp. But, he is of similar archetype build.  Same for davante Adams and the great Larry Fitzgerald.  

If anyone can bring any facts/production to the table on how tee Higgins isn’t a number one receiver, I would be open to it.  But so far it’s just opinions and a lot of said so.

Like Whatever and I said, Tee relies on his size for most of his production, he has limitations because of his poor short area quickness
to run short routes and to catch a short catch and take it the distance like a true #1 in Ja'Marr Chase can.

(04-17-2024, 01:53 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Tee Higgins had the 5th fastest play of week 16 on an 80 yard TD.  He reached  top speed of 20.84 MPH.  

His size/speed combo is plenty fast enough.

Hey, he ran fast once, 5th fastest lol

I disagree, it isn't fast enough to be a #1 especially in tight spots where short area quickness is what separates the good from the great.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee Higgins…. Steelers have Interest - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-17-2024, 02:10 PM