Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bachie and Adomitis signed
(04-18-2024, 08:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd be fine with them releasing McCarron to play in the UFL (or whatever it's called now) and then signing him back every year to be our #3. That way you have a #3 that is actually playing and getting reps instead of just running the practice squad.

I have never understood the NFL's flippant attitude towards minor league football and how they don't exploit this opportunity to get some needed playing time for their fringe players.

In the old WLAF and NFL Europe days, after an NFL season, the Bengals would sign three or four players off of the street, send them to their ''farm teams'' and after they finished, they would be cut. I believe that JoJuan Armour was their only NFL Europe player that actually played a bit with the Bengals. Their reason/BS excuse for not sending fringe roster players was "We don't want our players coached by coaches that are not on our staff."

As a Bengals fan that was watching some of the worst teams in NFL history, I was always a bit insulted by that approach, thinking "You sorry ass MFers need as much help as you can get.<---period"
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bachie and Adomitis signed - pally - 04-15-2024, 01:21 PM
RE: Bachie and Adomitis signed - XenoMorph - 04-17-2024, 09:07 AM
RE: Bachie and Adomitis signed - Sled21 - 04-18-2024, 08:31 AM
RE: Bachie and Adomitis signed - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 04-18-2024, 11:00 AM
RE: Bachie and Adomitis signed - Housh - 04-17-2024, 12:00 PM