Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Trading Higgins for Draft Picks
(04-18-2024, 11:07 AM)J24 Wrote: Yes, Tee is a lot better than the Wrs at the end of the first RD and into the early 2nd.

Take a sec, go back and look at Tee's actual real world production. He avg around 56 yards a game in 2024 & isn't a TD monster. He also is fairly limited in his role in the offense. It's not like the Bengals can move him into the slot or move him around to attack defenses from different angles.

I'm sorry, but I don't think many WRs would struggle getting to that number coming onto this roster and in this offense. Tee's production would be made up for in the aggregate between the TEs, RBs, Irwin, & the younger players. Analytically, I don't think he is critical to the Bengals being successful. Situational? That's an interesting discussion, but his career thus far shows he's closer to Jerry Jeudy than to Devonta Smith. Maybe not fair to Jeudy because he has had trash QB play, trash coaching, and no help. Higgins is often injured as well.

If he is on the Bengals, fine. If he is not, fine. I don't see a problem with getting draft capital for him, drafting a WR in the 1st or 2nd, and spending the cash he is wanting elsewhere.

PS: I still think the Bengals swing a JJ trade.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
On Trading Higgins for Draft Picks - kevin - 04-16-2024, 04:48 AM
RE: On Trading Higgins for Draft Picks - PDub80 - 04-18-2024, 12:50 PM