THOMAS
10.81%
4 10.81%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 RD1 PK 18 FINAL (Board Pick)
(04-18-2024, 08:18 PM)Nepa Wrote: I  just don't have a lot of trust of the present-day Bengals with developing OT picks. 1st round Billy Price, 1st round Cedric Ogbuehi, 2nd Round Jake Fisher, 2nd round Jackson Carman. Jonah Williams, 11th overall pick, was just ok (Did he ever make a pro bowl?) 

I like the Bengals' new model of using free-agency to sign already proven OT starters. Right now, the only OT draft pick starting is Volson, despite those names selected above in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

I would love if Mims were selected and reached his potential with the Bengals. I trust he would with another team, but I'm a little gun shy right now on this happening with the Bengals. 

Thus, I selected Murphy, a proven run-stopper, which the Bengals desperately need this year, and hope the Bengals address their obvious OL needs through free agency.

Well, Og and Fisher can't really be put on the current staff.  Price has serious issues coming out of college, including question marks about him not being coachable, and was a stupid desperation pick after they went into the draft without a starting C and Ragnow got picked.  Jonah was well polished coming out of college, but athletically limited and injuries also hampered his development and effectiveness.  Plus, that was a bad T draft.  Risner had to move to G, Ford and Dillard are career backups, and Taylor is trash.  Carman, sure.  

Beyond that, there's other holes on offense besides OT.  Burrow is an elite QB.  You're never going to regret putting talent around an elite QB.  If you're not going to draft OL, then you need to draft him weapons.  

Murphy has one year of starting experience and is pretty much maxed out and sub 300 pounds.  I find it strange how people started pitching him more as a NT right about the time Sweat got his DUI and started falling down the boards.  His NFL comp is Ed Oliver.  NT against college offenses and college talent is miles different than the pros.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 RD1 PK 18 FINAL (Board Pick) - Whatever - 04-19-2024, 12:10 AM