Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is Biden's "Don't" foreign policy deterring terrorist groups and Iran?
(04-19-2024, 06:17 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't trust the left or right media 100%. Nor Iran or the US Gov. They all tell us what they want to tell us. And i trust extremists based on Religion even less.

Iran funds/supplies Hamas in their fight against Israel,  If Iran wanted peace so badly or any other nation for that matter, they'd find a way to get it. Yea yea, Muslims will tell you they feel bad for their brothers in P, it's only because they share a common enemy. The reality is Muslims are very intolerant to .... Other Muslims that don't worship the same way. 

This is why I reject your constant attacking of Israel dispossessing the P's as the reason for the war. 

I've stated that Iran, or its current leaders, don't want a wider war with Israel and the US. That's not the same as saying they want peace.

You are "trusting" some sources to some degree, and selectively, or you wouldn't be telling me all about Muslim intolerance and Iran funding Hamas.
And I don't see any evidence that you are vetting those sources.

"Muslims" aren't one thing, any more than Christians are. The degree of "tolerance" for other varieties of Islam, or other
religions and ethnic groups, depends a lot on level of development, state form, and exposure to "leftist" secularism, just as it does for non-Muslims. 

Jordan and Egypt are chock full of Arab Muslims who are very tired of the constant war and will embrace peace if it includes a sovereign Palestinian state.
Most of these people are no different from Americans--they own businesses and have jobs and just want to see their families prosper.  People in Egypt and 
Bahrain also see that the "peace" deals, which draw money from the US to their ruling elites to secure Israel, also contribute directly to their own oppression.
So for them it's not just about the Palestinians but a policy structure dominated by Israel and the US. 

In the West Bank, it is not only Muslims but Christians who suffer constant "lawfare" and dispossession--50,000+ in Bethlehem alone. 

Also, I must dispute your inference that absence of peace proves that countries, and especially oppressed peoples, don't really want it. 

No American I know would accept being driven from land and home by massacre and rape, and then willingly give up what little remained to them under a military occupation to achieve "peace."  Astonishing that they expect others to do exactly that.

I've explained several times now that it was Israel, not the Palestinian Authority, which has blocked and subverted the peace process. And like Trump,
Likkud leaders say the quiet part out loud.  In all of these countries, the authoritarian religious Right is the threat to peace.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Biden's "Don't" foreign policy deterring terrorist groups and Iran? - Dill - 04-19-2024, 11:38 AM