Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Marjorie Taylor Greene Demands Space Lasers To Combat Migrants
(04-19-2024, 12:00 AM)Dill Wrote: Oh jeezus. Spare me what you've projected onto "the far left."  It's the kind of innuendo that gets quickly sorted under cross examination.

Unlike Likud members who also use the phrase "from the river to sea," Tlaib wasn't using it as a "genocidal chant." 
She fell afoul of a definition of "antisemitism"  weaponized by the current GOP. 

To repeat, defending the human rights of people under brutal military occupation is not "loony." 

"Jewish space lasers" is loony.   Trump power depends on masses of people not being able to tell the difference.

I recall when the OK symbol was suddenly a sign of "white supremacy".  Interestingly, the idea was started as a joke by /pol, to see if they could get the "normies" to believe something stupid, so they started the concept.  Sure enough, it took off and even when it was revealed as a joke it was then claimed that white supremacist groups had actually started using it as such, hence it was now a white supremacist symbol.  People lost their jobs doing it.  People were suspended from school for doing it.  

The point of this being, maybe "from the river to the sea" was once a chant simply calling for peaceful "liberation" of the Palestinians.  But it has been coopted by Hamas, who quite clearly state that it means the destruction of Israel and the genocide of the Jewish people.  So, exactly like your side claiming that using the OK hand gesture was a white supremacist symbol, despite it starting as a complete joke, if you use that phrase you do so knowing what it means to millions of people, that being genocide.

So, I'm sorry to report that if you use it, if you're ok with using it, then you are advocating for genocide whether you personally mean it that way or not.

Sort that out under cross examination.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marjorie Taylor Greene Demands Space Lasers To Combat Migrants - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-19-2024, 10:59 AM