Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tee Higgins…. Steelers have Interest
As a long-time draftnik, one of the things that often bugs me is how we bring down certain prospects to justify picking the players we want. My thing is, both guys can be good. It's that simple. It's usually no more than a matter of taste. I'm not a big Byron Murphy fan, for example. I think he's undersized and will have trouble getting his game off in the NFL. But I won't throw my hands up in disgust if we pick him. He's a "tryer"- he'll figure something out and make the team better somehow, someway.

But in the age of cap gymnastics, I see that tendency extending to the pros. We want a Justin Jefferson or a reason to pick Adonai Mitchell/Xavier Worthy/Brian Thomas Jr/Ladd McConkey/whomever, so we start knocking Tee Higgins to do it. I won't succumb to that temptation. Tee Higgins is a phenomenal athlete. Correction: Phenomenal with a capital P. When you see a guy who's 6'4" and runs like a deer, it is insane to complain about his athleticism in any regard. No need to even watch him on the football field. Just look at his basketball tape. Granted, most NFLers were multi-sport athletes but Tee distinguishes himself from them too. His first step was second to none, he had a tight handle in halfcourt sets and was smooth as silk in the open floor, and of course he could jump out of the gym. He had scholarship offers from the top programs in the country (UNC, Louisville, Tennessee, Michigan, etc.) and it was like a public event when he announced he'd strictly focus on football.

He is a superb asset for this team, his ball skills leave absolutely nothing to be desired, and he's a great kid to boot. The Bengals can draft a new wide receiver, more power to them, but they'd better not be thinking they can improve on TEE HIGGINS because that would be patently absurd lol. /rant
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee Higgins…. Steelers have Interest - tms - 04-19-2024, 11:37 AM