Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tee Higgins…. Steelers have Interest
(04-19-2024, 10:23 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: The bengals have not thrown deep the last two years.  Jamar Chase has 7 such catches (40+ yards) over the last two year compared to Tees 5.

Jamar has 27 catches of 20 plus yards? Tee has 22 catches of 20 plus yards.

Not a huge deviation

(04-19-2024, 10:31 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: You’re the one who brought up the 40 for AJ green and Tee.  I was pointing out actual top game speed, which Has Tee as faster.  This conversation is going in circles.  

My takeaway is that Tee sucks, he can’t separate and he only excels when there is busted coverage.  

Got it.

And yet Tee only had 4 such catches the first two years of his career when we were throwing it deep.  His lack of productivity deep is a Tee Higgins issue, not an offense issue.  The comp to Chase is so cherry picked it's laughable.  Chase had 8 40+ yard catches as a rookie.  Tee has 9 in his entire career.  See the difference?

40 time was brought up because a player's top speed in mph is an extreme circumstantial outlier and not really indicative of their ability to get open deep because no QB can accurately throw the ball far enough for them to hit that speed.  

The argument isn't really circular.  The debate only continues because you refuse to admit the fact that Higgins isn't a deep threat despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.  You haven't really refuted any points that I've made, except for an attempt to cherry pick stats that I rebuked you on.

If you equate pointing out that Higgins isn't a deep threat and is a player with a very one dimensional skill set that prevents him from being a true elite WR1 as "he sucks", then that's on you.  He's a good complimentary WR and very good intermediate range target.  He's just not a WR1 and stating that isn't an insult.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee Higgins…. Steelers have Interest - Whatever - 04-19-2024, 12:39 PM