Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best WR class in draft in years
1 second, 2 seconds, Sack. That is an O Line problem.

3 seconds and more, that is a coverage sack. Pass Catchers did not get separation and get open.

With Boyd gone and Higgins heading out the door, Bengals will need to replace talent with talent. I remember fans who thought Bengals were solid with players such as Baby Hawk who never got separation or got open. Bengals went Super Bowl because Burrow had Chase, Higgins, Boyd and a good TE and at RB Mixon. Plus a good Defense.

As for who Bengals drafted at WR last year, they did not draft a Higgins or a Boyd.

The fact remains that this is the strongest WR draft class in decades, per NFL scouts. That means there should be top talent in round 2 or 3. Losing Boyd and soon Higgins does force a reload. I know the talk is a DT in round 1 for Bengals, and that makes sense. Bengals could use a top DT up the gut on D. However if Bengals draft LSU WR Brian Thomas at 6'4" and 200 lbs. if still on the board, there is a big tall replacement for Boyd and soon to leave Higgins, so that Chase isn't double covered for lack of talent. If not round 1, at least round 2 or 3, because NFL scouts say this is the best WR class in decades, and Boyd is gone and Higgins is heading for the door.

Also, Mixon gone. Bengals have already said they would like to get a RB somewhere in this draft. Yes, Bengals have other RB's besides Mixon, but not the workhorse Mixon was. Bengals will add a RB to a stable of RB's. It's not a top class of RB's, but CBS has the top 3 as Jonathan Brooks of Texas, Trey Benson of Florida State and Braelen Allen of Wisconsin, and add Jalon Wright of Tennessee for a 4th. Bengals did say they would like too add a college RB in this draft after losing Mixon.

So I would not be surprised to see a WR in rounds 1 to 3. I would not be surprised to see a RB in rounds 3 to round 5. Losing Mixon, Boyd and soon Higgins is no small thing. Must Score Points in Today's High Scoring NFL.

Bengals may take a DT in round 1, and that is a need. I expect a WR not long after and also a RB. Bengals will grab from the best WR class in decades, and they want a rookie RB also....However if this 6'4" LSU WR is still on the board in round 1, Bengals will be tempted to grab WR Brian Thomas and grab a DT later. Chase and Thomas is talent that keeps Bengals awesome at WR depth.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Best WR class in draft in years - kevin - 04-06-2024, 05:11 AM
RE: Best WR class in draft in years - J24 - 04-19-2024, 04:33 PM
RE: Best WR class in draft in years - tms - 04-07-2024, 11:49 AM
RE: Best WR class in draft in years - kevin - 04-19-2024, 03:14 PM
RE: Best WR class in draft in years - J24 - 04-19-2024, 04:43 PM
RE: Best WR class in draft in years - J24 - 04-19-2024, 04:41 PM