Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Marjorie Taylor Greene Demands Space Lasers To Combat Migrants
(04-20-2024, 12:19 PM)Dill Wrote: Sure, but I'll need some cooperation from the witness. No pleading the 5th.

Court records show you have discussed the "OK" symbol's evolution from ok to white power trope at least twice before in this forum.

But in each case, you argued that the primary meaning of the phrase was NOT changed because it was appropriated by some evil group. Now you are arguing exactly that.

For example, check the bolded rhetorical question in this response to JJ in post #432 on the Rittenhouse thread.

If we can steady the irony meter a moment,

perhaps the witness can explain the 180 degree turn in effect from white supremacist appropriation to Hamas'?

An "absurdity" to think White supremacists can fix the meaning of a public symbol after the fact, but suddenly Hamas can do exactly that.

If Hamas started using the rainbow flag as a symbol of Israel-hate, would that make anyone who flew it an advocate for genocide,
whether they personally intended it that way or not? Why, for you, are they more powerful than white supremacists?

Take notes, Dill, because this is how you properly put out bait.  As a logically consistent person I don't have to struggle to remember my positions on issues.  Hence I am fully aware of my argument regarding the OK hand gesture.  Guess who was arguing against me in both those threads?  People on your side of the aisle.  I am using your side's own logic and arguments against them.  

[Image: 4a4.gif]

So, if you argued, ever, that the OK sign gesture was suddenly a racist dog whistle, you must do the same with the slogan in question.  If you've ever stated Trump uses "Nazi wording" when he refers to immigrants, or anything else, you must do the same with this slogan.  If you believe something becomes tainted by association, as this slogan would clearly be perceived in that regard, then you must agree that using it is pro-Hamas and a call for genocide of the Jewish people.  Unfortunately for you, and for Jewish people everywhere, the protests are becoming increasingly openly pro-Hamas and antisemitic.  I won't have to do any proving of any kind.  Your ilk are going to do it all for me.  Thank you and enjoy your weekend.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marjorie Taylor Greene Demands Space Lasers To Combat Migrants - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-20-2024, 12:55 PM