Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It seems we will be meeting again
(01-04-2016, 07:39 PM)Beaker Wrote: When the Bengals win it will be one of the steeler's most crushing playoff losses of all time.

Not even remotely close.  

Just off the top of my head, I can think of several that were waaaaaay worse.  AFCCG losses in '94, '97, '01, and '04.  SB losses in '95 and '10.  And, of course, Tebow.  

It would be a disappointing loss (they all are).  But, crushing? No way.  We didn't win the division, our defense is weak, and even though we've dealt with it fairly well, injuries are still a concern (especially with Williams).   So, while I think a win is very doable, By no means do I have sky high expectations, despite the media's designation of the Steelers as "the team no one wants to play".  That's more an attempt to entice viewership than it is an actual endorsement of the Steelers as a juggernaut. They're good, but by no means are they great.  At this point, a trip to the SB, while not impossible, would be a pleasant surprise more than it is an expectation.  

You, on the other hand, have an enormous emotional investment in this one.  A chance to end a decades long playoff victory drought, with the bonus that it could happen against your hated rival.  That is one sweet prize to long for .... And one tremendous emptiness to feel if it doesn't happen.  

So, good luck on Saturday, and remember - it's just a game.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: It seems we will be meeting again - JS-Steelerfan - 01-05-2016, 12:08 PM