Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Marjorie Taylor Greene Demands Space Lasers To Combat Migrants
(04-20-2024, 12:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Take notes, Dill, because this is how you properly put out bait.  As a logically consistent person I don't have to struggle to remember my positions on issues.  Hence I am fully aware of my argument regarding the OK hand gesture.  Guess who was arguing against me in both those threads?  People on your side of the aisle.  I am using your side's own logic and arguments against them

So, if you argued, ever, that the OK sign gesture was suddenly a racist dog whistle, you must do the same with the slogan in question.  If you've ever stated Trump uses "Nazi wording" when he refers to immigrants, or anything else, you must do the same with this slogan.  If you believe something becomes tainted by association, as this slogan would clearly be perceived in that regard, then you must agree that using it is pro-Hamas and a call for genocide of the Jewish people.  Unfortunately for you, and for Jewish people everywhere, the protests are becoming increasingly openly pro-Hamas and antisemitic.  I won't have to do any proving of any kind.  Your ilk are going to do it all for me.  Thank you and enjoy your weekend.

Umm no.  You are someone who set rules for others and breaks them himself: That's not logical consistency.

E.g., you find Nazi analogies "loathsome" and demand they NEVER be applied, but created a special exception for me. Same for calling people "racist," except ok for me and Dino. And you are especially against lumping people in to evil groups over small disagreements about them--but call me an antifaISISHamas supporter.

Maybe you should "struggle" a bit more to remember your positions?  Let me help with yet another example.

Bpat started a thread "The Circle Game or Neo Nazi symbol?" (5/09/19). His opening post explained the 4-chan re-contextualization. After a number of "my side" were discussing the effects of the re-contextualization, most, like Treee, B-zona and Bels, noncommittally, you popped up in post #12 with the following projection onto the media, the "dumb left," and everyone on the thread:

You guys are apparently unaware that /pol/ started this rumor and the media ran with it. They're trying to make leftists look foolish by claiming that 
      common gestures are now "hate symbols". You get enough of these labeled as such by the media and the media and the left look progressively dumber with  
      each one they swallow. They are succeeding.

Forcing Bpat, from my side of the aisle, to remind you, re-quoting himself in post #14, that everyone discussing the topic was in fact aware. Not "the left" looking foolish there.  My contributions to that thread simply turned around how symbols like swastikas and ok signs get read differently in different cultures, according to context. Most everyone on "both sides" of the aisle linked interpretation to intent--exactly the connection you are trying to break here.

"People on my side" just turns out to be JJ in one thread in one discussion. And there is no "same" here that I "must do."

So you are not using your imagined "logic" of my "ilk" against "my side."  That's just your face-saving reconstruction.

You are using it for "your side" against Tlaib, separating use from intent to support YOUR claim that Tlaib was chanting genocidal slogans, whether she intended to or not. That's why you were "sorry to report that if you use it, if you're ok with using it, then you are advocating for genocide whether you personally mean it that way or not." You were speaking for "your side" at the moment. Not mine.

If I am wrong about that, then you'll be happy to state right now that Tlaib WAS NOT chanting a genocidal slogan.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marjorie Taylor Greene Demands Space Lasers To Combat Migrants - Dill - 04-20-2024, 05:58 PM