Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Marjorie Taylor Greene Demands Space Lasers To Combat Migrants
(04-20-2024, 08:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're talking about yourself then, yes?

A quite inadequate response to many demonstrations (including the one above, #60) quoting your own contradictory statements.  
But you'll never do better than a quip.

(04-20-2024, 08:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Possibly, but she's not one I'd give the benefit of the doubt to.  Unfortunately, you guys set the rules here, so a coastguard employee being disciplined for giving the OK sign, or a student being disciplined for the OK sign rather ties your hand here.  Tlaib probably deserves as much benefit of the doubt as MTG, so I'll, again, let you use your own standards to judge her as you have MTG.

Jeezus.

"My side" did not "set the rules" for Coast Guard policy, nor does some school policy "tie my hands" in assessing Tlaib's actions.

This is just more forcing right-wing, anti-left ideological frame onto events and actors after the fact to reach pre-determined conclusions, as you did on Bpat's aforementioned thread. So natural to you, you don't even realize when you are doing it. It's what you actually "see."  Everywhere.

No stable fact-based analysis or argument can follow from constructing vague entities like "your guys" and then selectively attributing political effects to them, with the goal of conflating judgements of Tlaib and MTG as equally "loony"--i.e., unmoored from factual accountability.  

This was just another diversion from the more serious questions posed by MTG's power, like how many voters can no longer 

1. distinguish between judgements they don't like (like critique of Palestinian dispossession), but which nevertheless have a determinable factual/legal grounding, and judgments which have no such grounding (like the claimed existence of Jewish space lasers and Christian persecution in Ukraine).

2. and to what degree the difference between the two parties is becoming this kind of difference--the inability of a critical mass of voters to recognize absence of factual accountability, and so false equivalence, when they encounter it.  Biden "stole" classified docs too, right? Trump/Biden impeachment on equal legal footing? Biden crime family = Jared's 2 billion and Trump profiteering from office? So hard to choose between a guy who led a coup attempt and one who wants to "destroy" America by taxing the rich and passing infrastructure bills.

From within the Right, which includes right-wing "independents" as well as more traditional registered Republicans, the problem becomes how to marginalize Greene as a "loony" without invoking criteria which would similarly disqualify the consipiracy-generating Dear Leader, who has the overwhelming support of his party as "my side" restricts his free speech right to target a judge's daughter. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marjorie Taylor Greene Demands Space Lasers To Combat Migrants - Dill - 04-21-2024, 02:37 PM