Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Google has had enough with workplace activism?
(04-24-2024, 08:31 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is this a signal of a greater trend on the verge of commencing? It seems that Google, once thought of as a company that encouraged expression of personal opinions, has apparently decided that enough is enough and let go of several "activist" employees.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/google-firing-office-protesters-shows-tide-is-turning-as-bosses-are-losing-patience-with-activist-employees/ar-AA1nxEmv?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=6fc948c1699a43838987b946c035724b&ei=374

I heard a brief story about this yesterday.  Seems they are moving from the original "campus" feel to more corporate which is the unfortunate evolution of a large company, IMHO.

They are firing people for bringing politics into the work place, from what I heard.

I suppose one could argue that there is no need to that if it is causing arguments and interfering with the work day, but it certainly is a flip from what they used to say and do and it takes away from the "image" of Google as a very progressive business.  If that was still their image...lol.

We try not to talk politics here and we're a small company, but we do have occasional discussions about topics.  We don't have a policy about it either.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Google has had enough with workplace activism? - GMDino - 04-24-2024, 09:09 AM