Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Google has had enough with workplace activism?
(04-24-2024, 09:34 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why would anyone feel like they could expect to get paid their full salary to protest and disrupt the business environment without consequence?

It is odd for someone to think they can protest on the clock and face zero repercussions.  When you choose the bosses office, and I don't mean your boss, I mean the boss, you're just asking to be fired.  Especially when they give you several chances to bounce and you don't take them.

(04-24-2024, 09:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: Eh, I suppose it depends on the company.

If I told my boss I was taking the day off to go to a protest he'd call me an idiot but let me go.

We have guys with giant Trump flags hanging from their workstations but no one has ever complained.

We did make the guy (who no longer works here) take down his self-made swastika.  Have to draw a line when visitors come in I guess.

A rather key distinction in your examples.  One, you said take the day off to protest, meaning you're not on the clock.  These people were on the clock.  Also, would the protest be you sitting in your bosses office as these clowns where?  Two, it is up to the employer, within applicable law, to decide how much political expression they allow at work.  At our work you can't do it at all.  If you choose to go over the line established by your employer you are setting yourself up for discipline up to, and including termination.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Google has had enough with workplace activism? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-24-2024, 11:53 AM