Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Google has had enough with workplace activism?
(04-24-2024, 11:53 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It is odd for someone to think they can protest on the clock and face zero repercussions.  When you choose the bosses office, and I don't mean your boss, I mean the boss, you're just asking to be fired.  Especially when they give you several chances to bounce and you don't take them.

A rather key distinction in your examples.  One, you said take the day off to protest, meaning you're not on the clock.  These people were on the clock.  Also, would the protest be you sitting in your bosses office as these clowns where?  Two, it is up to the employer, within applicable law, to decide how much political expression they allow at work.  At our work you can't do it at all.  If you choose to go over the line established by your employer you are setting yourself up for discipline up to, and including termination.

I think that Google was right to take the high road by not expressing weather they agree or disagree with the cause being acted on, and implementing their "Mission First" policy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Google has had enough with workplace activism? - SunsetBengal - 04-24-2024, 12:50 PM