Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJD Final Mock Draft 4.0
(04-24-2024, 11:54 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I think Boyd and Richardson would be GREAT picks: Richardson in particular, his instincts are superb, just a good, all-around football player.

I don't want to make a habit of relying on late round picks to be contributors for a Super Bowl contending team, but I agree these guys have a lot of potential. If they result in any kind of production at all, I'd count that a win, but if they could reach their potential, I could see them both starting for a a while in the NFL.

(04-24-2024, 12:35 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Our offense would go to a entire new level of greatness with this draft but I’d be worried defensively.  I’m not as high as most on Carter.  I think he just looks like a nose but his tape is meh.  I’m big in the trenches on both sides and I lean heavy defense especially since we have burrow and chase.  I feel as if we neglected the defense here but again the offense would be ridiculous!

Yea, unfortunately for me every time my pick came up, the best prospects were all on the offensive side of the ball. The one comfort I am keeping in this is that we did spend a fair amount of resources on the defense last year and in free agency this year. We signed 2 new safeties that should help reduce our explosive passing game weakness and we signed a really good pass rusher at DT. I was targeting Renardo Green in the 3rd round but he went 1 or 2 picks before 80, which was a shame. I think he'd solidify our CB room. It's difficult to fill each hole on the roster completely through the draft, so we'd have to see if some of these later round defensive picks can turn into something more than just depth pieces/practice squadders. I like the potential of Boyd, Kamara and Richardson, but I wouldn't expect many starting snaps out of any of them in 2024. 

My hope is that, if the draft were to go down like this, that we'd go out and sign a veteran CB to secure the room for 2024 and then address CB and DT in the 2025 draft (hopefully with the 32nd pick :) ) 

(04-24-2024, 12:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: Pretty solid, overall.  I'm not a big Mims guy, but with this loaded T class, it's kind of a what flavor of ice cream do you prefer question.  Franklin fills a need and is an interesting prospect.  Personally, Sinnott and Carter in the 3rd is a round too early for both, but stealing Wright in the 5th makes up for that a bit.  Pretty good.

Yea, We have a lot of great options at 18, but none are without question marks of some kind. I liked Mims more than Latham in this mock draft, but I could see some preferring Latham due to experience. I could also see some people looking at an inexperienced OT and an OT that didn't test and looks sluggish on film and thinking "I'll take Johnny Newton" who was also there. The problem with that is then we'd probably have to draft an OT at 49, and Fisher was drafted right before our pick, so we'd have to take someone like Rosengarten. I don't know how comfortable we'd be going into the season with him as our first OT off the bench, so I gravitate towards OT in the first for that reason. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
CJD Final Mock Draft 4.0 - CJD - 04-24-2024, 11:36 AM
RE: CJD Final Mock Draft 4.0 - JoeyB2023 - 04-24-2024, 12:35 PM
RE: CJD Final Mock Draft 4.0 - Whatever - 04-24-2024, 12:44 PM
RE: CJD Final Mock Draft 4.0 - CJD - 04-24-2024, 01:07 PM
RE: CJD Final Mock Draft 4.0 - CJD - 04-24-2024, 05:57 PM