Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How NPR lost the public's trust
(04-24-2024, 01:51 PM)Dill Wrote: Where did I deliberately acknowledge I was highjacking a thread?

In my thread about the Israeli hostages.  You, predictably, tried to turn it into a referendum on the IDF, to which I responded thusly.

(12-19-2023, 02:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I see a lot of posts on this issue from you and Dill.  I don't recall seeing many (any?) of them on the atrocities committed, and continuing to be committed, by Hamas. Especially gauche of you to be posting this in a thread about the murder and rape of the hostages.  Maybe start you own "The IDF is as bad as Hamas" thread?

Here is your response.

(12-19-2023, 05:40 PM)Dill Wrote: No. I like this thread just fine.  Glad to see Dino isn't cowed by repetitive, baseless accusation either.

And it is not "gauche" to introduce IDF shooting of hostages into a thread about the murder and rape of hostages--unless there is some unstated
rule that Israel cannot be criticized and only Hamas can be a danger to hostages--not Israeli bombing or intentional targeting of civilians.

Might as well try to restrict discussion to GERMAN hostages, since that is in the thread title. 

Underlined and bolded for you in case you need the assistance.  As blatant an admission of deliberate hijacking as you'll see.

Quote:I went back and read our final exchanges there, where I made some pretty good points about how to keep discussion open,

e.g., by not creating rules like "no-criticism-of-the-IDF-but-let-your-imagination-fly-with-Hamas" (#s 112, 117).

I also explained why I rejected your hard right filter of allowable discussion, which excludes the larger context of the conflict (#105).

All that "jives" with this thread in that contesting censorship is pertinent to any free speech discussion.

No friend of free speech wants to dodge arguments and subvert dialogue with defamation and accusation.

Free speech has nothing to do with "dodging arguments."  Sometime I have the energy for dealing with your pompous blowhard posts.  Sometimes I do not.

Quote:So I just asked you "What is "my truth bullshit," in your view, and what's the alternative, in terms of editorial policy?"

And I'm choosing not to answer you because, A. I wasn't talking to you, and B. you'd never actually respond to the point made and we'd be back in your vortex of BS.  When someone who's actually pleasant to have a discussion with asks the question I'm very likely to answer.  Yes, I know you'll take this as a victory.  Have it, lord knows you need one.

Quote:Surely even you cannot call that question "highjacking," since it addresses your own accusation. And it's about THIS thread.

No, I wouldn't.  But, alas, I'm not having that discussion with you.  I'd literally rather bite onto a wood file and have someone rip it out of my mouth than have that discussion with you.  

Kisses.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How NPR lost the public's trust - Dill - 04-11-2024, 06:42 AM
RE: How NPR lost the public's trust - Dill - 04-10-2024, 07:14 PM
How NPR lost the public's trust - pally - 04-16-2024, 01:28 PM
RE: How NPR lost the public's trust - Dill - 04-17-2024, 06:31 PM
RE: How NPR lost the public's trust - Dill - 04-17-2024, 07:42 PM
RE: How NPR lost the public's trust - Dill - 04-17-2024, 11:14 PM
RE: How NPR lost the public's trust - Dill - 04-18-2024, 01:53 PM
RE: How NPR lost the public's trust - Dill - 04-24-2024, 07:18 AM
RE: How NPR lost the public's trust - Dill - 04-24-2024, 07:45 AM
RE: How NPR lost the public's trust - Dill - 04-23-2024, 10:53 PM
RE: How NPR lost the public's trust - Dill - 04-24-2024, 01:51 PM
RE: How NPR lost the public's trust - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-24-2024, 02:09 PM
RE: How NPR lost the public's trust - Dill - 04-24-2024, 06:43 PM
RE: How NPR lost the public's trust - Dill - 04-24-2024, 07:36 PM
RE: How NPR lost the public's trust - Dill - 04-25-2024, 12:49 PM