Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Biden had a rough speech to sparse crowd in Tampa
(04-24-2024, 01:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Joe could not memorize a 5-minute speech. Then said Trump was right we can't be trusted.

Then he lied one more time about driving an 18-wheeler.  He has repeated this false story many. times.

https://www.aol.com/news/fact-check-biden-repeats-false-151315800.html?&ad=dirN&debug=0&prod=HP&cmpgn=rapha&locale=en_US&annot=false&sameTabLaunch=false&o=APN12425&installSource=other&browser=Edge&darkMode=false&ueid=9bd210c8-9927-41f4-bbff-df73f3de7c93&doi=2024-01-30

Fact check: Biden repeats his false claim that he ‘used to drive an 18-wheeler’
CNN
DANIEL DALE, CNN

April 24, 2024 at 11:13 AM

Joe Raedle/Getty Images
President Joe Biden has revived a debunked tale about his past – his fictional claim that he used to drive an 18-wheeler truck.

Biden has repeatedly embellished or invented biographical tidbits. In 2021, he claimed during a tour of a Mack Trucks facility: “I used to drive an 18-wheeler, man,” then added, “I got to.” At a separate 2021 event, he told college students studying truck technology, “I used to drive a tractor-trailer,” adding, “I only did it for part of a summer, but I got my license anyway.”

Biden’s claims were fact-checked at the time as false. But on Tuesday, during a campaign event in Florida, Biden said it again.

A supporter told him, “The only reason I have a pension is because of you.” (The supporter appeared to be referring to the Biden administration’s $36 billion in aid to prevent steep pension cuts for more than 350,000 union workers and retirees, including truck drivers.) Biden responded: “Well, we did get that done. Anyway. Besides, I used to drive an 18-wheeler.”

Facts First: Biden’s claim remains untrue. There is no evidence he ever drove an 18-wheeler.

When CNN inquired about the claim in 2021, the White House noted that Biden once had a part-time job driving a school bus (which is not an 18-wheeler or a tractor-trailer) and that, as a US senator in 1973, he spent a night riding in a cargo truck (not driving it).

Biden’s Tuesday rendition of the “18-wheeler” claim came the week after he made some other inaccurate personal claims during a campaign swing in Pennsylvania.

He said last week that he has “never” earned $400,000 in a year, though he has done so every year of his presidency and made millions in each of 2017 and 2018. He also offered a dramatic account of the death of his uncle in a World War II plane crash – saying the plane was shot down and suggesting his uncle’s body was consumed by cannibals – that is at odds with the Defense Department’s account of the 1944 incident.

For more CNN news and newsletters create an account at CNN.com

I'm curious... do you trust CNN to fact check Trump? Or only when they fact check Biden? Hmmmmm....
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden had a rough sppech to sparse crowd in Tampa - jmccracky - 04-24-2024, 02:23 PM