Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Biden suggest twice Uncle was eaten by cannibals in New Guinea
(04-24-2024, 05:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Nah.  I think Biden loses to Trump, and unless something changes drastically I think he will lose rather handily.

I'll buy that Trump wins, but I don't see him winning handily.  Trump walked a tightrope to win in 2016, and while it isn't impossible that he does it again, I just don't see a 2024 version of Trump being that much more successful than a 2016 version of him. 

Trump does overperform the rest of his party, but seeing how Trump needs to flip multiple states that Biden won in 2020 that followed in 2022 by electing democrats to the senate and/or governor...it's possible but I'm not betting on it.  But as I've said, this must be a frustrating time for normal conservatives to see the democrats hand them 2 terms on a silver platter but watch people insist that Trump gets another shot.

Toss in the notion that had Trump lost in 2016 he'd almost certainly have become the president from 2020-2028 and this stuff gets even weirder.  

Personally, I mostly want Trump to lose because I want to see how people react when he says it was rigged again and then see if the whole "He'll take over on inauguration day, the election will be overturned soon, Trump will be back in 2028" and so on narratives get accepted again.  Add in that it's quite likely Trump flips GA and AZ and loses by a few as 2 EC votes and these narratives are going to get some extra traction based on that alone.

EDIT - I think the short of it is that people who voted for Biden in 2020 might be more in-tune and begrudgingly accepting of his crappiness than you think.  Or maybe people are more in tune with Trump's crappiness and they go back to their 2016 form and consider Biden circa 2024 to be on the same level as Hillary 2016 as in "we know what we have in you, let's try the crazier option."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden suggest twice Uncle was eaten by cannibals in New Guinea - Nately120 - 04-24-2024, 05:30 PM