Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Biden suggest twice Uncle was eaten by cannibals in New Guinea
(04-25-2024, 01:11 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, I am inclined to agree to an extent, for the part the media plays especially. Also Democrats funded radical Trump-loving republican candidates in the primaries, which to me is an unforgivable sin really, so there's certainly a point here. At some point though, I would expect Democrats to tear down potential republican opponents; it's in their job description to not sing the praises of people like deSantis. And I don't know if their attitude had much influence over the republican nominations in the first place.

Certainly, at the end of the day, the GOP is ultimately responsible for who they nominate for POTUS.  And no, I don't expect the Dems to heap praise on Desantis.  But, as we both agree, they deliberately boosted Trump.  We'll never know if depriving him of oxygen would have given us a different result than we currently face.

Quote:As for the don't say gay law, as far as I know it is a law that prohibits discussing sexual orientation in the classroom up to third grade. Therefore I think the classification as a "don't say gay" law, while possibly overly pointed, is not that far off really. It seems to kinda actually forbid teachers to use a term like gay in the classroom, after all, doesn't it? I actually wonder why all those in favor of this law (and I do not think it is the most awful law ever written) don't just embrace it and say, hell yeah it's about not teaching little children about sexuality and gender issues, don't say gay, don't say straight, leave them be with all that. Disclaimer, I might be off on that one, I did not follow it all that closely.

It prohibited discussing sex in general, not just orientation.  And it's a major example of where the left has gone well over the deep end here.  Why would anyone, literally anyone, who is not a child's parent want to discuss sexual topics with children under ten (or older honestly)?  Unless you are a child predator this seems like a very easy rule to follow.  I've mentioned before that I worked in a group home for close to three years.  We weren't allowed to discuss that with the kids, we weren't allowed to discuss religion with the kids.  They, being kids, inevitably asked those types of questions.  It was insanely easy to respond by saying that wasn't an appropriate topic for us to discuss and that was the end of it.

I mentioned this in another thread, but it's rather telling that Bill Maher, a very far left leaning person, is now saying almost the exact same things I've been saying for years.  Given that he was father left than I ever was it makes sense it took him longer to get to where I am, and have been.  It's emblematic of the rot at the heart of the left in this country at the moment that even he is calling this stuff out now.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden suggest twice Uncle was eaten by cannibals in New Guinea - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-25-2024, 01:31 PM