Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What Andy is doing to cut down turnovers.
(06-11-2015, 01:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Using 30 pass attempts as an over/under Andy last year. His passer rating in games he attempted less than 30 passes averaged out to 96.9. His passing attempts in games he attempted over 30 passes averaged out to 70.5. Being "fair" and removing the Cleveland game with the passer rating of 2.0 he still only averaged a 79.7.

More attempts might not be the answer.  

I think the problem last year was that there were so many injuries at receiver. I know you loathe excuses, but the injuries at receiver were significant last year.

There's been a lot of examples of QB's having bad years with losses at WR/TE over the last few years. 

2013 Joe Flacco: lost Boldin to trade, lost Pitta to injury. Posted a career worst 73.1 rating, and was 2nd in NFL with 22 INTs
2014 Joe Flacco: picked up Steve Smith and Owen Daniels in FA. Rebounded with career high's in TD's, yards and had the 2nd best rating of his career

2013 Eli Manning: Injuries caught up to Hakeem Nicks, who was no longer effective as a top target. Eli posted a career worst 69.4 rating and led NFL with 27 INT's
2014 Eli Manning: Odell Beckham was a huge upgrade. Eli had the highest completion % of his career. 3rd best rating, yardage and TD totals of his career.

2013 Tom Brady: Lost Welker to FA, lost Gronk to injury. Amendola was a bust. Brady had his lowest passer rating since 2003, which ranked 17th in the NFL.
2014 Tom Brady: Lafell really filled the void as a #2 WR. Gronk was healthy. Brady ranked 5th in the NFL in passer rating

Normally I hate the injury excuse, because all teams deal with them. But when a single position group is hit that hard it can be tough. We actually picked up Greg Little and gave him a legit shot at PT for pete's sake. Sanu was the #1 WR for several weeks when he technically should've been the #3 WR.

Imagine if Flacco had to play last year with Jacoby Jones as his #1 WR for a few weeks, and Greg Little competing for snaps as his #2.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Andy is doing to cut down turnovers. - Shake n Blake - 06-11-2015, 02:42 PM