Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building
(01-05-2016, 01:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Obviously this is the part I am missing.

All I have read is they do not want to hurt anybody, but would not rule out violence.

Perhaps if someone can provide me with the link/quote the stated they we hurt people if their demands were not met then we can revisit this as terror.

I have not seen anywhere where they have threatened violence to achieve what they desire. They are sitting in an unoccupied building in the middle of nowhere. No one is currently in danger

It is what I have said all along.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oregon-standoff-armed-protesters-political-reaction-yallqaeda-n490031

Quote: Ammon Bundy told TODAY on Monday that his group has no intention of committing violence unless the government intervenes. But at the same time, he refuses to rule out violence if the building is raided.

"The only violence that, if it comes our way, will be because government is wanting their building back," Ammon Bundy told Natalie Morales. "We're putting nobody in harm's way. We are not threatening anybody. We're 30 miles out of the closest town."

It's the equivalent of "touch my fries and I'll slap the shit out of you."

Don't like food analogies?

It's the equivalent of me walking into your house, setting up in your living room and saying I won't hurt you... as long as you let me do what I want. Or taking over the picnic shelters at a local park and telling everybody if they come eat their potato salad near me, I'll shoot them.

And since I'm guessing this is going to be countered with "but... it's a public building," that's even worse. That's sitting up in the living room of everyone who pays taxes. That's my building they're "camping" in. Dad Bundy, the tax dodger? Even worse. He made millions by grazing his cattle on my land and didn't pay for it, then did the same thing, threatening violence if officials came to collect what he owed the public.

They aren't doing anything courageous. They're stealing from the public and damaging public property, and threatening violence if public officials come to collect what's due. I'm opposed to government encroachment. I'm opposed to imminent domain. This is neither.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Benton - 01-05-2016, 04:02 PM