Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Today another bad day for the Bidenomics
(04-26-2024, 07:29 PM)pally Wrote: Deportation of all undocumented workers will cost the country billions of dollars in revenue as well be an extremely expensive undertaking.  And again we remind you that people in the country waiting for an asylum hearing are in the country legally.  The current US unemployment numbers are less than 4%.  Good luck in finding enough American workers to fill the jobs so many undocumented workers take.  

I see your point on deportation. The bigger question would be how much is it going to cost to keep them here, and keep letting them in?

I struggle with the second highlighted. Many are working under the table for cash, while we pay people to sit on the couch because they refuse to take those jobs. That shouldn't be an option.

Quote:Inflation went out of control because the American economy...the economy that drives the world....was shut down in 2020.  Because manufacturing essentially stopped throughout the world when the consumer demand came back the suppliers couldn't keep up.  The supply chain couldn't keep up with demand  In the meantime, the corporate overlords saw a chance to recoup the losses of 2020 and jacked up their prices even higher than inflation.

Yes, your correct that the world screeched to a halt for the most part. However, we were, and still are fighting a driver shortage. The demand was so strong that the rates went up do to supply and demand. Companies were forced to raise prices because shipping costs were through the roof.

Quote:If so much of inflation is controlled by oil and gas prices wjy are so many reluctant to explore and incentivize options other than fossil fuels?  Wouldn't it be better for the economy in the long run to minimize our dependence on such an economically volatile commodity?

A couple of variables in this is the dependability of the alternate energy. Also, when it fails, the cost is unaffordable. We are starting to see (especially around here) a large failure in wind farms. I had 1 big ass annoying eyesore of a windmill about 300 yds from our house. It was torn down because it was costing more money to maintain than it was saving the city. I was pretty happy, along with others, to see it gone. Another town next to us has shut down several recently and now they just sit there polluting the scenery of the city.

I'm not against renewable energy at all. But after the issues EV's had in sub zero temps this past winter, coupled with the long lines and lack of infrastructure, it's a no for most people right now. When we have the hustle of the world the way it is, people don't have the patience to accept it until it's fully ready. Just my opinion.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Today another bad day for the Bidenomics - HarleyDog - 04-26-2024, 08:17 PM