Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building
(01-05-2016, 04:02 PM)Benton Wrote: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oregon-standoff-armed-protesters-political-reaction-yallqaeda-n490031

It's the equivalent of "touch my fries and I'll slap the shit out of you."

Don't like food analogies?

It's the equivalent of me walking into your house, setting up in your living room and saying I won't hurt you... as long as you let me do what I want. Or taking over the picnic shelters at a local park and telling everybody if they come eat their potato salad near me, I'll shoot them.

And since I'm guessing this is going to be countered with "but... it's a public building," that's even worse. That's sitting up in the living room of everyone who pays taxes. That's my building they're "camping" in. Dad Bundy, the tax dodger? Even worse. He made millions by grazing his cattle on my land and didn't pay for it, then did the same thing, threatening violence if officials came to collect what he owed the public.

They aren't doing anything courageous. They're stealing from the public and damaging public property, and threatening violence if public officials come to collect what's due. I'm opposed to government encroachment. I'm opposed to imminent domain. This is neither.

It is not the equivilent to your French Fry analogy. They did not say they would be the ones creating the violence.

This quote more supports my POV.  

Who the hell said they were doing anything courageous?

I'm just saying they are not doing anything terroristic (yet); you disagree.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - bfine32 - 01-05-2016, 06:00 PM