Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Today another bad day for the Bidenomics
(04-26-2024, 08:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I see your point on deportation. The bigger question would be how much is it going to cost to keep them here, and keep letting them in?

I struggle with the second highlighted. Many are working under the table for cash, while we pay people to sit on the couch because they refuse to take those jobs. That shouldn't be an option.

Yes, your correct that the world screeched to a halt for the most part. However, we were, and still are fighting a driver shortage. The demand was so strong that the rates went up do to supply and demand. Companies were forced to raise prices because shipping costs were through the roof.

A couple of variables in this is the dependability of the alternate energy. Also, when it fails, the cost is unaffordable. We are starting to see (especially around here) a large failure in wind farms. I had 1 big ass annoying eyesore of a windmill about 300 yds from our house. It was torn down because it was costing more money to maintain than it was saving the city. I was pretty happy, along with others, to see it gone. Another town next to us has shut down several recently and now they just sit there polluting the scenery of the city.

I'm not against renewable energy at all. But after the issues EV's had in sub zero temps this past winter, coupled with the long lines and lack of infrastructure, it's a no for most people right now. When we have the hustle of the world the way it is, people don't have the patience to accept it until it's fully ready. Just my opinion.

That is why, at this time, a mix of energy sources is our best be. However, if we don’t invest in things like battery technology and energy storage, the needed development will just get pushed down the line. Of course, that’s what the fossil fuel industry but continuing our reliance on that is not the best thing for our kids futures.

I think my biggest frustration about threads like this is the whole idea that one person controls the world’s economy. The economy is extremely complex and so interconnected worldwide that inflation cannot be boiled down to only a single factor. The president, regardless of who he is, cannot fix inflation unilaterally. And it will take more than drilling to fix it. Removing worker, even if undocumented, will only add to inflation

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Today another bad day for the Bidenomics - pally - 04-27-2024, 07:23 AM