Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin McNamara - (Punter) Texas Tech
(04-27-2024, 10:40 PM)Housh Wrote: We know those awards are popularity contests and teams run offenses do differently so many variables

He is also the NCAA all-time record holder for career punting avg (46.3) and had 32 punts inside the 20 and at least 7 punts of 60+ yards last year alone.

(04-27-2024, 10:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Doesn't matter to me, Robbins was supposed to be great at Michigan and he sucked for us.

Was he? Dude wasn't even on the Big 10 team or anything in 5 years there. Just a Big 10 "honorable mention".

He was pretty widely regarded as a guy without great leg strength and couldn't flip the field. The Bengals just seemingly had this weird notion that they wouldn't need a punter on their side of the field all year. He only had 42.3 yards per punt (67th that year) in his final year and all anyone talked about was hangtime, not actually being able to punt the ball far or quickly. Even net he was only 36th in NCAA in 2022.

I'm not upset with the McNamara signing. We needed a punter that wasn't named Robbins. I just thought it was strange how just because the guy signed with the Bengals he magically became the best punter in the draft over the guy who was selected as the nation's best college punter last year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Austin McNamara - (Punter) Texas Tech - TheLeonardLeap - 04-28-2024, 12:45 AM