Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin McNamara - (Punter) Texas Tech
Hopefully he provides good competition as Robbins was awful regardless of being a rookie. And if he doesn't bring in more punters for the job.

(04-27-2024, 10:54 PM)Nepa Wrote: "Ended his five-year career as Texas Tech’s punter with a 45.91 average, the highest in Texas Tech and Big 12 Conference history. His average ranked 10th in NCAA FBS history among punters with at least 150 career punts"

Okay, what am I missing here? I went to the 2023 stats for punting (below), and a 45.9 average would put him 27th in the league. Admittedly, Brad Robbins was 30th with a 44.3 average, but McNamara would still be near the bottom of the league if he hit his average. The Bengals can't find someone league average? The Iowa punter had a 48.2 average last year, which would put him 12th.

https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/nfl/player-stats/punting

The Iowa punter was the only one drafted too. The Bengals could have got him in the 4th (the Bears did few picks later) instead of the Iowa tight end, but zero chance they considered that as I don't think they value the punter position like other teams might.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Austin McNamara - (Punter) Texas Tech - Millhouse - 04-28-2024, 09:15 AM