Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
53 Man Post Draft Way Too Early Projection
(04-28-2024, 10:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Do you really think ZT, and the FO give a darn about emotional no educated fan critics? 

ZT loses his job if he makes bad decisions. Duke loses his job if he makes bad decision.

I am confident, critics are the last thing on their mind building a roster to compete. 

As for the punter coming in, we have very little investment (dead cap money) in Robbins so he could be cut if the other guy is better. 

Yeah, maybe they don't care about anyone but themselves. I won't get into that argument. But they did double-dip because All won't be ready. I firmly believe that and that's the more important point anyway. Zac isn't losing his job over the 194 pick, tho. And Duke isn't losing his job, period. We should know that by now lol

As for Robbins, unless he stinks up the joint they'll keep him. They don't cycle guys out on a whim. They never have. Partly because, well, you said it yourself: they don't wanna "lose their job." Coaches are naturally protective of their picks. In this case, if they keep Robbins no one'll ever know if McNamara would've been better. It would be speculation. Whereas if they cut Robbins, it'll hurt their draft record a little bit. Not enough to get fired, mind you, but hurt it nonetheless. So holding all things equal they'll keep the incumbent. And that's not me saying it or anything specific to Zac, Duke, Robbins, etc. That's just the operative norm around the league. Not my fault.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 53 Man Post Draft Way Too Early Projection - tms - 04-28-2024, 11:15 PM