Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns to Interview Guenther for HC Position
(01-05-2016, 08:17 PM)Rattler Wrote: IMO, Zimmer left the cabinet full and a lot of PG's success could, up to this point be that we've kept the nucleus of the defense in tact.

When the window closes and we can no longer afford everyone, then we'll find out how good he is/was when he has to mold rookies
and others into a cohesive unit.

Let's also not forget that Guenther was in the brain trust that stocked that cabinet.  When Zimmer left, the promotion of Guenther was immediate.  No other considerations were made.  Last year was a transitional year, filled with injuries, I give him a pass on that.  However, this season Guenther has proved that he is a good coach, and a worthy candidate for other teams to consider.

I also agree with some of the other opinions, that 2 years as a coordinator may not be quite enough experience to step into the role of HC of the entire team.  But, when you're the Browns, you try to latch onto any shooting star passing your way..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns to Interview Guenther for HC Position - SunsetBengal - 01-05-2016, 10:13 PM