Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Columbia Leaders Grilled at Antisemitism Hearing
(04-30-2024, 01:44 PM)Dill Wrote: This is like saying the civil rights protests were "pro-Communist" protests,
as people did at the time.

No, it's not.

Quote:  There are plenty of Israeli politicians who are "pro-genocide,"
but I've so far resisted claiming that make pro-Israel protestors pro-genocide.

No, there aren't

Quote:Why the rush to misrepresent? Why do ONLY Hams crimes count? 

Because, your continued false equivalency (which you routinely deny and then engage heavily in) aside there is no comparison.  Hamas is a terrorist organization that exists to kill Jews and destroy Israel.  Even you and your specious arguments cannot make a direct comparison.

Quote:Calling anti-war protests "pro-Hamas" is what reeks of desperation. 
Exhibit A is your photographic "proof" with posters protesting the war and illegal occupation.
No mention of Hamas was enough to convince you--"Hamas"! That followed by a clinic in
faulty argument, misreading, and false equivalence.

Advocating for freeing convicted terrorist murderers is either ignorant that they exist or knowing they exist and not caring.  So you're either ignorant or pro-terrorist.  As for the protests being pro-Hamas, I provided you with examples of them saying exactly that.

Quote:No matter how hard you, Hannity and Trump try, you can't MAKE protests pro-Hamas by
just calling them that. No one seriously trying to understand and resolve the conflict would be trying.

No matter how hard you, Linda Sarsour and Louis Farrakhan try, we're not going to ignore the blatant antisemitism of these protests.

Quote:Lol, this is like arguing that the only way to stop mass civil rights protests in the '60s was to eliminate Moscow from the equation.
In fact, eliminating segregation turned out to be a good first step. 

I had no idea MLK was a Soviet.  I also had zero idea that equal rights for everyone was ever a value of a communist autocracy.  You've revealed some fascinating alternative facts here.

Quote:And ending Apartheid ended violent resistance to Apartheid.

Yes, it's very peaceful there now.  Sorry though, another false equivalency from you.  

Quote:But in your entire cascade of hyperbolic non-sequiturs, no mention of the occupation which created Hamas.

You start a war to try and kill your enemy and lose you're going to lose some things.  You do it multiple times you're going to lose more.  Sorry, I have zero sympathy for the losers of the instigators of multiple wars attempting genocide on Israel.  Oh, maybe you think they're the good guys because they Soviets were on their side?  That would slot nicely with your inane USSR and MLK analogy.

Quote:You've embraced the intentionally limited geopolitical vision of the Israeli hard right, which began eliminating peace options back in the '90s
and will prevent them going forward.

I've embraced the truth that Hamas are garbage and anyone who supports them is garbage.  I honestly have as much sympathy for Gazans who despise Hamas as I do for the Germans who despised the Nazis.  At the end of the day you're going to pay for the actions of your governing body.  Excuse the reasons for supporting Hamas all you want, at the end of the day it's still support for genocidal rapists, murderers and kidnappers of infants that subsequently are murdered.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Columbia Leaders Grilled at Antisemitism Hearing - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-30-2024, 05:37 PM