Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why RB additions important
(05-01-2024, 03:10 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I like Allgeier but that seems expensive considering the guys we passed up in the 4th. There were only 4 RBs picked by the time we took a major risk reward gamble on a TE who isn't currently healthy in the fourth round. We had our choice of a lot of good looking RBs right there.

If we need one that bad we should be able to get something decent for a lot cheaper than that if we are giving up a draft pick.

Somebody in management likes "The Professor" Trayveon, he keeps coming back. I've been a fan since he led the SEC in rushing and we stole him in Zac's first draft class. Makes me wonder if he taught Mckinnley? Either way, I think if he keeps doing what he has been doing he keeps his roster spot. With Brown and Moss over him. Evans has kick return ability. Some combination of Evans, Trayveon, Jones, and Irwin will probably be our leading PR KR I'd imagine.

People like to remember Geno Atkins being a 4th round gem, but since then in the 4th round the Bengals have drafted....

Charlie Jones
Cordell Volson
Cameron Sample
Tyler Shelvin
D'Ante Smith
Akeem Davis-Gaither
Ryan Finley
Renell Wren
Michael Jordan
Mark Walton
Carl Lawson
Josh Malone
Ryan Glasgow
Andrew Billings
Josh Shaw
Marcus Hardison
Russell Bodine
Sean Porter
Orson Charles
Clint Boling

You got a solid above average starter in Clint Boling there, a couple okayish players like Carl Lawson and Russell Bodine, and then a sea of backup role players, bad players, and not-has-beens-but-never-weres. In 20 tries.

We should be picking in the 28-32 range of the 3rd round in 2025. We overvalue our picks, which seems silly considering we have the smallest scouting department in the NFL and we're not particularly good drafters. Not saying this because of the RB spot right now, just in general. We should be more open to giving up picks for players.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Why RB additions important - kevin - 04-28-2024, 12:46 PM
RE: Why RB additions important - Joelist - 04-28-2024, 03:00 PM
RE: Why RB additions important - dxdtdemon - 05-01-2024, 12:27 AM
RE: Why RB additions important - TheLeonardLeap - 05-01-2024, 07:15 AM
RE: Why RB additions important - Synric - 05-02-2024, 06:00 PM