Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Amarius Mims named best pick of 1st Round by PFF
(05-09-2024, 03:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If this guy even half way lives up to the hype and potential surrounding his abilities, the Bengals will be in great shape at the RT spot for years to come.

Honestly doesn't surprise me. When I first heard of Mims only having only 8 games as a starter I was against him instantly until I saw 
the film and learned that he had a lot more snaps than those 8 starts insinuate, but was banged up for various reasons and had great 
players to compete against. You watch his film and you see a huge, athletic OL that has great balance and untapped potential. 

Mims looks completely polished against elite competition in the SEC on a Championship team. He handled JT the End of OSU that gave 
all the other OT's in this class tons of problems with his speed/strength combo. Mims can handle speed or power, something you cannot 
say about big Tackles like Orlando Brown etc.

Amarius Mims moves like a giant TE out there. Just a freak of nature. He doesn't move like a 340 pound man that is 6'8".

When I saw the film of the best chances to be a Bengal my 2 favorite players ended up being Byron Murphy and Amarius Mims, but my 
nod in the end went to Mims even if I loved Murphy. I would of been a bit sad if we passed up on Mims, and was a bit surprised Murphy
went ahead of us to the Seahawks who I thought would of taken Fautanu. But I am not sad we have Mims and didn't get Murphy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amarius Mims named best pick of 1st Round by PFF - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-10-2024, 01:44 PM