Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What would cross your personal line?
(05-10-2024, 04:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Don't give me too much credit.  I'm willing to pay more for stuff if it means we as a country have more social freedom and can possibly leave a more usable planet for future generations.  Consider me paying more for energy and groceries my version of storming the beaches of Normandy, or something.  No great sacrifice for what I have faith to be the common good.

As for tik tok famous, well I can't blame young people for dabbling in that with a hopes of getting some money and attention.  I figure it's that generation's version of people our age buying electric guitars and wasting a lot of time trying to impress the ladies.  They'll get over it and start slaving away...we all did.

That's awesome, back in college I spent about an entire year trying to learn Bass. I had roommates that were talented, the guitarist could play basically any instrument that made music piano included, the other guy was a drummer.  They held daily jam sessions in our house and I couldn't help but want to join in. Now that I'm in my 50's, I sometimes still get the urge to pick up a bass and thump out a few rhythms. Then my common sense kicks in and says that I'd be better off at a 12 step meeting for former wannabe musicians. "Hello, my name is Sunset and I'm a recovering bassaholic. My main influencers were Roger Waters, Les Claypool and Rex Brown..."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would cross your personal line? - SunsetBengal - 05-10-2024, 06:03 PM