Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Amarius Mims named best pick of 1st Round by PFF
(05-10-2024, 05:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: He just stated - his own words, he's been feeling playing and practicing through pain and  things he shouldn't have. I think it's fans acting like he's felt nothing that I wonder how they'd think they'd feel if they took the beatings he's taken the last 4 years.

There's a reason these players retire and can't walk up steps or play with their kids. Are knock kneed, and have toes removed, and 20+ surgeries by the age of 35. I think it's "us" who act like they are invincible or super hero's when in fact they are human. They are feeling pain. The worse thing we can do as fans is treat them like they don't. The best thing we can do is acknowledge and respect their sacrifice to their bodies to play the sport they love.

His admission to what all he's played and practiced through should be heard. 

I dunno man, but every human is different in how they respond to injury and physical setbacks. Personally, I played tackle football until I was nearly 34. I understand what it's like to have to recover from a weekly pounding, and still go to work at a regular job and make a living. Obviously it's much different between weekend warriors playing because they love to knock heads and getting paid hundreds of millions because you're a national icon, but at the physical level there are some similarities.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amarius Mims named best pick of 1st Round by PFF - SunsetBengal - 05-10-2024, 06:13 PM