Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Amarius Mims named best pick of 1st Round by PFF
(05-10-2024, 02:41 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: It obviously was'nt the ACL & MCL..... I assume. He would've never played a down in the NFL.

I can't find the specific surgeries, however, he had three knee surgeries for unspecified torn ligaments in his knees (1 on the left, 2 on the right). The closest info I found is a comment on his last injury against Texas Tech; "What helped, Muñoz believes, was that he did not tear the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee at Texas Tech, when a defender collided into his knee. He tore the other ligaments."

Even if any the incidents didn't include the ACL and/or MCL it is still a miraculous story as the orthopedic options/procedures in the late 70s were not even close to the orthopedic options/procedures developed since then and available today.

That being said, Mims' injuries (high ankle sprain, hamstring) pale in comparison given the severity and available medical resources today. Heck, Burrow has been injured far more then Mims to date. We can only hope he returns to peak physical shape and develops into a superstar (the same goes for Burrow).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amarius Mims named best pick of 1st Round by PFF - Chezaugie - 05-10-2024, 06:41 PM