Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What would cross your personal line?
(05-11-2024, 12:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sorry, i need proof.

My proof is my wallet and i can tell you that it has been fatter under R leadership than D. 

But it's cool, you are ignoring that both of the most recent R's had major events happen on their watch. Bush, 9/11 and Trump COVID. Anything of that magnitude happen on Obama or Biden's watch? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._economic_performance_by_presidential_party#:~:text=The%20New%20York%20Times%20reported,somehow%20grown%20at%20the%20Democratic

Quote:Income growth and inequality[edit ]

Analysis conducted by Vanderbilt University political science professor Larry Bartels in 2004 and 2015 found income growth is faster and more equal under Democratic presidents. From 1982 through 2013, he found real incomes increased in the 20th and 40th percentiles of incomes under Democrats, while they fell under Republicans. Real incomes grew across all higher percentiles at a greater rate under Democrats, even during the Great Recession and its recovery in Barack Obama's first term. Bartels calculated in 2008 that the real value of the minimum wage in the United States over the preceding sixty years had increased 16 cents per year under Democratic presidents but declined by 6 cents per year under Republican presidents.[16][17]
[/color]
[color=var(--color-emphasized,#000)]Inflation[edit][/color]
Blinder and Watson found that since 1945 the average inflation rate was higher under Republican presidents than under Democrats, though inflation tended to rise under Democrats but fall under Republicans.[1]

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would cross your personal line? - pally - 05-11-2024, 01:37 PM