Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Amarius Mims named best pick of 1st Round by PFF
(05-10-2024, 05:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: No one doubts that but we all know your mind and body aren't always on the same page.

My argument, while it hurts to hear, can't be disputed with Burrows injury history.

Folks can try, but facts are facts. He's only been able to finish 2 seasons out of 4 and he's battled though injury issues in every season. 

I think there is a little bit of Ostrich head in the sand when it comes to Burrow and his injuries from this fanbase. If it was any other QB suddenly people would see the bubbling threat to what was hoped to be a 15 year career. 

Yes I worried about Burrow's health early last season and took all the shots (tired argument, gloom and doom etc) as I typically do when I see something coming from a mile away and everyone plugs their ears and covers their eyes and sings Kumbaya. And of course we saw what happened to him.

And who was shocked when it did? Not I. Everyone else melting down late and after the fact just couldn't see the signs.

(05-10-2024, 06:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: I just don't know how people on this board don't worry about Burrows health and injury history. How can you be a fan of his and not? How can you be a fan of the Bengals and not worry about or acknowledge the injuries' adding up and what that means to what we hoped would be a long playing career? Fans across the league who aren't Bengals fans but love what Burrow brings to the game and league are more concerned about his future and understanding the big picture of how these beatings all add up, and the kind of toll they can take on athletes... Odd. 

You know what is odd? You acting like we have any way of protecting Burrow from these injuries. It is not only the OL that is to blame 
in why Burrow has got injured. The ACL tear was terrible and that may have been on the OL, but a 300+ pound DL falling on your leg 
can do that to any player and any QB. An appendectomy has nothing to do with the OL, neither did the calf and him getting hit on the
wrist and causing that injury is extremely flukey.

I find it odd that you stick to your guns on Burrow being injury prone which pretty much dooms the Cincinnati Bengals from ever winning
a Super Bowl. I am not going to go through life as a Bengals fan with no hope for the future.

Now, back to the thread that you high jacked, Amarius Mims helps Joe Burrow for the future. This guy could be the best in the NFL as a 
swing Tackle and I am not even kidding. He is that talented and he is smart on top of it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amarius Mims named best pick of 1st Round by PFF - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-11-2024, 02:40 PM