Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Amarius Mims named best pick of 1st Round by PFF
(05-10-2024, 06:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: I agree with you it's different for every human. That is why you have players and qb's who play their entire career without any major injuries and / or surgeries etc.

But Burrow isn't really built like the Super Hero people around here act like he is. So we know he isn't that type of human unfortunately. His body has shown us that. And for that we should be more cognizant of how much more he can take and the effects of the beatings he's taken.

It be different if I was sounding this alarm for a player that never missed a game or chunks of seasons. Sure they may be fine through age 34 and I'd sound like an alarmist, but Burrow has already proven he isn't built like that physically. He is mentally.... Just not physically. So he's not THAT human. 

Are you serious?!

Aside from his rookie year when he only played ten games and then last season when he only played ten, he has played every game and been relatively healthy while also taking a beating from the biggest and best athletes in the world because of a shitty offensive line.

In his two full seasons, he was sacked 41 and 51 times.

It's one thing about not being built to take the grinding of the NFL, but it's an entirely different argument to say that Burrow should be Superman and just come through the beatings that he has taken unscathed.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amarius Mims named best pick of 1st Round by PFF - BFritz21 - 05-11-2024, 04:09 PM