Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump's Plans for the Oil Industry
(05-13-2024, 11:06 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I am disturbed, but not only at the Right I am pissed at the Left as well, both sides are pushing extremist Politics over the people want.  Neither side is willing to allow for a common sense middle ground.

I just don't follow this. "The left" has not sought to undermine the free press and our courts, nor has any "leftist" leader sought to overturn valid elections.

Did Biden or Obama, out of office, have the power or inclination to direct House votes and block legislation with cronies powerful enough to kick people off committees?
Did either call House opponents "savages"?  

10s of millions of people now believe the last election was rigged and Biden has "weaponized" the free press, nevermind that Trump tried to rig the election and use the DOJ to go after enemies.  

"Both sides" are not doing this. What you call the left IS the "common sense" middle ground, or what used to be that.

(05-13-2024, 11:06 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: LOL not there "YET", there you go again, just stop with the fear tactics. For a guy that's so smart, you seem to catch on quick when the Right uses fear tactics and propaganda, but so blind to the Left's why is that? I might miss a few or simply ignore them, but I do my best to not repeat the bs part. 

My previous post rattles off verified Trump behaviors predictive of autocratic leaders. How does that signal MY blindness. 

If that were merely a "tactic," you could easily dispute it by proving that Trump does not undermine the free press and our judiciary and legal process in his daily speech, and did not really call Georgia's secretary to state and press him to find more votes, or want to seize voting machines, or send a mob to the Capitol to "peacefully" take back their country, and then, as Commander in chief, watch approvingly for two hours as they ransacked it and chased Congress out of session. You could prove he has never praised and admired dictators, living and dead.  Or you could list evidence of Biden's many authoritarian traits and absolute party control to establish your "both sides" thesis. 

Or you could prove there is no history of autocratic leaders providing us with spot on warning signs relevant to the Trump case.

You could, that is, if what I am saying is only a "fear tactic," with no ground in reality.  Otherwise, you cannot, and the fear you fear is quite reasonable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Trump's Plans for the Oil Industry - Stewy - 05-09-2024, 02:16 PM
RE: Trump's Plans for the Oil Industry - Dill - 05-14-2024, 01:42 AM