Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Tee is now the only tagged player without a new deal
(05-14-2024, 01:30 PM)tms Wrote: I may be one of the few but I hope they get something done. Having Tee and Uno together for 4-5 more years (with Burton rounding out the troika) is just perfect. You've got a chance to really build something special and sustainable. I don't need a new toy every year.

Regardless, the Bengals should use it as a lesson for future contracts. The $ they were talking about last year ($20 mil or whatever) is presumably dwarfed by the number today- and Tee didn't even have a good year. Point being that numbers are rising and will continue to rise- so get it done when you can. You won't get a better deal later. We learned that from Bates too.

They fart around and let things evolve to the point where they have to pay more than they want to.   Even then, if the Pittman story is true, just sign him.  

I don't like the trend:

Didn't sign Bates when he was relatively affordable, pissed him off and he goes to Atlanta and proves he's a top 5 safety
Didn't talk to Tee for a year when they could have signed him to a very affordable contract.  Like Bates he wants to sign, and we get to the point that he wants out
Granted we extended Hendrickson - but could the money have been a little better and the security better (longer contract)
Didn't sign Reader to a very affordable contract.  Sends us into the draft having to sign two DTs.   Might have used one of the other picks on a higher level IOL.  Or at the very least you have insane quality depth at DT.

Stop farting around.  Get your top players into the fold and have them be ambassadors for a top league destination.   I don't care what the players say, it affects the whole building.

Leverage is not as good a currency as good will.  Screw the "it's a business" vibe.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee is now the only tagged player without a new deal - 3wt - 05-14-2024, 02:51 PM