Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump's Plans for the Oil Industry
(05-14-2024, 02:26 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, it seems you made no real effort to understand my point, or else you would have given a different kind of answer. I will make one small effort to remedy that - of course I do not believe in the apocalypse happening through climate change starting next Sunday. That is just an unfair argument to make, just using the most extreme exaggeration and claiming this is what climate change is all about. What I was trying to get at is that even these extreme scenarios (and I do not know where you pulled out yours, no serious person ever claimed humans will be extinct in the next 12 years) don't prove climate change is just a hoax. If you believe that based on an apparently absurd example of fearmongering, you're just as ignorant as the people you moan about.

But hey, you believe about climate change as you please, the debate was not about that. Just, the quality of your argument is akin to calling everyone who is for stricter immigration laws a xenophobe who is afraid of brown people. You rightfully would not take kindly to this type of argument. And yet you throw terms like stupid around after willingly misrepresenting the other person's stance. Since the rest of your post is pretty much held in the same confrontational tone I deem a bit unnecessary, I will not really address the other topics.

No we are right on point, with all of  your words, you posted exactly how i feel about the claims of Trump turning the US into an Authoritarian state. It's an extremist stance. 

Now because i believe in stricter immigration laws you want to call that being an xenophobe? Did you see that Biden actually did something there? he wrote a super weak EO that the effect of it will likely not even move the needle. 

I want a society with laws and enforces them. 

You cannot have a sustainable country if you have no control over who comes into your country with out a process that involves a set of standards in order to be allowed into the country. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Trump's Plans for the Oil Industry - Stewy - 05-09-2024, 02:16 PM
RE: Trump's Plans for the Oil Industry - Mike M (the other one) - 05-14-2024, 08:29 PM